Published Writing Samples
- 2011-Cleveland Society Magazine: Hands Up
- 2011-Cleveland Society Magazine: LeBron James (Poll)
- 2009-The Heart Of Lake County Magazine: Chesterland Tavern
- 2009-The Heart Of Lake County Magazine: Physicians Weight Loss
- 2009-The Heart Of Lake County Magazine: Coach’s Place
- 2009-Metromix: Fondue Review
- 2008-The Heart Of Lake County Magazine: Two Men and A Truck
- 2008-The Heart Of Lake County Magazine: Voice for Truth and Justice
- 2001-The Lakelander: Destined To Separate
- 2001-The Lakelander: First Talent Show
- 2001-The Lakelander: Dear Michelle
- 2001-The Lakelander: Mooreland’s Secret
- 2001-The Lakelander: Interpreting the Selfish
- 2001-The Lakelander: The Eminence of Sweetest Day
- 1992-Plain Dealer
- 1991-Highlights for Children My Grandma
Another Kind of a Writing Sample:
Although I never entirely pursued getting my writing published, it recently hit me on how much I adore writing. Maybe, adore isn’t a powerful enough word to explain it. Perhaps Love or deeply passionate. Eh, those verbs and adjectives aren’t quite powerful enough either to explain how I feel about it.
So, moving on, this recent epiphany I had happened as I was in our basement going through tubs of my writing. I came across journals jammed packed with short stories, Writing Goals, and article pitches. Post-it Notes I used to jot down quick ideas, notebooks covered with my messy handwriting, single sheets of paper with random thoughts written on them, Binders of poetry, Folders of writing collected throughout the years, even back of envelopes had some random content from my brain on them. I noticed that some of my writing were dated all the way back to my childhood.
I recall staring motionless at these overfull tubs and feeling a dark and dull pain come over me. I wondered why I never pursued a profession in writing. I asked some pretty tough questions to myself, and my answers chilled me to the bone. I realized I had let my fears and insecurities dictate my life pursuit. As knotted up my stomach felt, I gradually dusted off some of my long lost writing that were lying lifeless within these plastic containers, and decided to try and take back the control I gave to my strongholds for so many years.